Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Good Guys, Bad Guys

Last night, one of the moms in my Girl Scout troop arranged to have a canine expert from the police department provide a presentation. It will, without a doubt, be the most memorable meeting of the year that the girls all loved. DOGS!!


As the police officer was giving his spiel, he noted that his dog was trained to go after the "bad guys" and although I'm sure he was using simplified language for the girls, I couldn't help but think was an easy life he projected. He seemed to be able to divide the world into "bad guys" - the ones that get chased by dogs and "good guys" - the ones who send the dogs chasing. How quaint, I thought.


Because it is not lost on me that the world is - quite literally, but also figuratively - on fire today, and has been for some time. And it's going to remain that way for a long time - and I can't help but think it's because we have no collective clue of who the good guys are and who the bad guys are.


Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment