Monday, September 5, 2011

First Time Off the Diving Board for Helen

Tonight was the dive team picnic. Part of the picnic involved a family dive meet. Unfortunately, Connor had to join another family because he's the only one in ours who can complete a dive. Next year, though, I have big plans to take the adult dive lessons and find a way to not embarrass myself as I go flying through the air.

Tonight, though, was all Helen's. We asked the coach if he would catch her if she jumped off the board, and he was happy to do that. What a thrill! I think Helen's smile speaks for itself here. The whole dive team applauded when she went off the board. In two years, I could have two divers on the dive team! Connor has already asked if he could do it again next year.








Possibly, this will inspire Helen to learn to swim. Coach Bobby made Helen's night! Thank you, Coach Bobby. What a fantastic end to an incredibly fun summer.

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment