Thursday, March 8, 2007

Gloating

As most people who know Connor already know, he has approximately 1.2 million Little People. As most people who know me already know, I do not like it when any piece of any toy is missing. Connor is like me. When we go to the library and he sees the puzzles on the table (almost all of which are short at least one piece), he must tell me approximately 100 times the piece is missing before he can even begin to think about dumping out the rest of the pieces and reassembling them. I do not think Ed suffers from our affliction, but he does support it.

Before heading to Breckenridge, Ed assisted me in a thorough counting of the LP, and much to my horror, the lion and monkey that go with the A to Z Learning Zoo were missing and the tiger that goes with the train was missing. I was horrified. While Connor does have a second lion (which goes with the other LP zoo there is no other monkey. And sure, I could interchange the remaining tiger between the other A to Z zoo and the train - but it means he and Ed can no longer play 2x2 with the animals we used to have 2 of.

When Connor's nanny showed up yesterday, I mentioned the 3 missing pieces and she said she'd look for them during the day. Much to my relief, she located the tiger. And...when Ed met Connor at 4:00 yesterday, Connor showed Ed both tigers, and said "tigerS". Ed reported that Connor could now correctly use a plural noun, but Connor wouldn't answer the question "what do you have in your hands?" so I could not see this new skill for myself. I told Ed I didn't believe him.

This morning, Connor was playing with the two tigers (which he went to sleep clutching) and when I came upstairs after my shower, Ed asked Connor "Hey Connor, what's in your hand?" and Connor smiled and said "tigerS". You should've seen the look on Ed's face. He was so proud - and so happy to prove that my instinct to not believe him was wrong. Score 1 for Connor and Ed.

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment