Monday, October 31, 2011

Finally...the loot!

True to form, Helen was ready for "just one more house" though she also requested to be carried because her legs were "SO TIRED". And though the wee ones may disagree, I think the haul was sufficient. Plus, I got nervous and purchased an extra bag of candy at Target yesterday so we have a lot of left-overs.

As soon as Helen and Connor returned home from their final outing, Connor started sorting. Chip off the old block, that kid is. Sorting marks a long-held Halloween tradition for my sister and me. I have to say, the pile of "yucky candy" which was always reserved for my dad was pretty small. And mom, there were NO Mounds or Bit O' Honey this year.  Strange, I know. Please don't cancel your upcoming trip on account of this. There's lots of other good stuff!


Happy Halloween!
Elaine

3 comments:

  1. I remember the days. I enjoyed every Mounds and Bit o Honey that was tossed my way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is your milk-mom friend so you don't get confused! I can't believe the amount of candies they got! I love that Connor works his mathematics by sorting them out and all! How are you controlling the candy intake? It would be madness in my home!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know - we didn't get any bit o honey either. What ever happened to that?

    ReplyDelete